Perry Chaffee, WWPass VP of Strategy, and I turn our attention toward online shopping because it is the holiday shopping season and security is a big concern, or should be, for anyone making online purchases. You don’t want your shopping experience to be tainted with unusual charges, identity theft, or account compromise of any kind. For these reasons, you need to be aware of your shopping experience and your security.
Here are a few guidelines that Perry and I talk about during the podcast:
- Use a strong password.
- Use a password manager.
- Use a credit card rather than a debit card for purchases.
- Enable two-factor authentication for better security.
- Before entering passwords or credit card information, look for the https in your browser’s URL.
- Close your browser after shopping on a site and reopen it for your next purchase.
- Be sure that the site you’re on is the one you want to use.
- Never give anyone your password over the phone.
- Be VERY careful of links embedded in emails as they can look very similar to real sites.
- Be aware of your surroundings and don’t speak your credit card information out loud in public places.
Length: 18:02 minutes. Format: MP3. Rating: G
Please contact us for sponsorships, sponsored posts, and videocasts.
Copyright 2017 The SecurityNOW Podcast Show. License: CC BY.